Growing up I never thought of myself as a “people person” but as I get older I value my relationships and actually like meeting new people. I think it is important to get to know people and share stories and interests. As I get more clients (that aren’t just close friends and family), I think it’s equally important for you to get to know me. So here I go…
- My husband and I have been together since we were freshmen in high school.
- I have 1 dog – Paris, a retired racing greyhound, and 2 cats – TC & Callie.
- I have lived in Morris, Illinois almost my entire life and I continue to do so (and I don’t consider that a bad thing).
- I have a full-time day job with the Grundy County Chamber of Commerce where I am the Event/Membership Director.
- I am active in the Illinois Federation of Business Women’s Clubs which promotes equality for all women in the workplace through advocacy, education, and information.
- I have a Little Sis through Big Brothers Big Sisters. She is a constant reminder that life is meant to be fun and not to dwell on the little things.
- I raised rabbits for 4-H as a kid and now every year I am the Superintendent of the 4-H Fair Rabbit Show.
- As a kid, I didn’t believe in Santa Claus but as an adult I do (I know weird, right?!).
- During college I organized an annual go-kart race for campus.
- I have a degree in Psychology.
- I went from growing up as an only-child to having 2 step-sisters and 3 step-brothers plus 1 niece and 4 nephews.
- My favorite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- I am a huge NASCAR fan (and I’m proud to admit that)! Ryan Newman is my fav.
- Disney World is still one of my favorite places to travel.
- My favorite colors are red and purple.
- I think of myself as a big ol’ dork.
Questions? I’d be happy to answer them!